Baked potatoes in the Potato Pot
- For 6 servings:
- 2 kg / 4.4 lbs large white potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic (unpeeled)
- 1 bay leaf
- To serve with the potatoes:
- 200 g / 7 oz fromage blanc
- 1/2 bunch of chives
- 1/2 bunch of flat parsley
- 1 shallot
- Fine salt and Espelette chili pepper
Wash the potatoes before placing them whole in the potato pot. Add 2 cloves of garlic and the bay leaf.
Close the pot and put it on the stove over a low heat. After 5 minutes, you can increase to a medium heat.
After 15 minutes, turn the pot over using the handles designed for this purpose. Turn the pot every 15 minutes until the potatoes are done, to ensure delicate, even cooking without having to open the pot.
Finely chop the shallot, parsley and chives. Mix them into the fromage blanc, add salt and Espelette chili pepper and whisk together. Slice open the hot, cooked potatoes and spoon over the fromage blanc before serving.